Welcome fellow Citizens of the ‘verse to this week’s Star marine Status Update!
In this week of the status update they have been working hard as usual to get this out to us as soon as possible. The positive notes to start with are the fact that they’ve listed us solid blockers for us this week that are preventing Star marine from going to PTU. This is a sign that it wont be very long till we get a release. Originally, Chris Roberts stated at gamescom that they were shooting for an October release, possibly before CitizenCon, however he said not to hold him to it. He may not make the initial projection but it appears he wont be very far off with this latest update.
All in all the QA playtests that have happened this week have been very successful but they can’t quite tell us how it was specifically because at CitizenCon we will be seeing a lot more stuff regarding Star Marine in action, so tune in tomorrow for the CitizenCon Livestream! Now they couldn’t leave us without something to look at, so at the end of the article will feature their Teaser for tomorrow!
Now onto the nitty Gritty bits of the update! Here are some the notable ones that I’ve chosen
GAMEPLAY AND ENGINEERING
– Crouch and Couch+ADS Procedural animation setup
– Finished first pass on cover learn system, Will need proper animation assets for the next pass
– Several adjustments to the P4-AR in reloading animation tweaks, procedural weapon sway/recoil animations and made new animation files for the keyframe recoil.
– Worked on Quantum Travel HUD (SPOILERS)
– Working on the Mission manager display for an upcoming release.
– This week we did a huge cleanup of environmental textures that were much larger than they needed to be. This saved almost 1.7 GB in allocated texture memory. As you can imagine, that was a big performance improvement.
– The team in the UK is making excellent progress on base locomotion as well as procedural weapon animations. You’ll see what I mean in the video
– Added WeaponSway and WeaponPose to stocked transitions
– Started working on to/from prone animation transitions
– Made another pass on the bullet cracks
– Done a pass on the EVA thruster audio
I’m going to start providing a list of the issues that we feel we must fix before we open the tests to backers.
– Pistol animations need to be implemented and cleaned up, once we finish the stocked weapon set.
– All Armor Types – Taking damage while swapping weapons causes character to lose weapons.
– Stocked Weapons clip into the characters face while prone.
– Damaging breakable objects causes random objects to move.
– Using the Hologram causes a crash.
– When pistol is selected user is unable to throw grenades or use gadgets.
– All Armor Classes – Characters are missing line art/interior helmet geo/Hud elements.
– P4-AR Ballistic Rifle – Rear sight and part of gun vanish when user goes into ADS
– ATT-4 Energy Rifle – Rear sight and part of gun vanish when user goes into ADS. (JH edit: I think this one was fixed today – was broken yesterday, though.)
– Devastator-12 Energy Shotgun – Rear sight and part of gun vanish when user goes into ADS.
– Throwing a grenade can cause a crash.
– All loadouts – Sometimes you are unable to shoot your weapon until you cycle through all of the fire modes (press V)
As always, check out the full notes over at the RSI website which can be found here