Hey there Citizens. These are my notes from the December 10th interview that Citizen Star News did with Ben Lesnick, James Pugh, and Will Lewis.
– Revamp of the front page, new Star Citizen trailer, and revamp of “about” page coming.
– They want to do the cheap Aurora sale again.
– First cheap Aurora sale: 1000 went to brand new users, 4000 went to existing users. 30% of those sold to existing users have now been gifted to new users. CIG expects many of the others will be gifted over Christmas.
– CIG was very happy with how the “free week” of AC at DragonCon worked. Will do this again, possibly over Christmas.
– With the choice of allowing large ships to be somewhat solo flyable, they wanted to “allow players to fail themselves” rather than artificially limiting them.
– Citizen journalists are still in the plans; will interact with the Galactapedia.
– CIG will adhere to the “spirit” of the Avenger. All ships will change from original stats as the game progresses.
– Balance pass coming (M50 adjustments).
– Convergence bug is on the list of things to be fixed.
– CIG is ready for Operation Pitchfork.
– Will is talking about how great Operation Pitchfork is as a tool for new players to get into the game.
– Races will have prizes.
– My question: How much detail is planned for Star Systems? Should we expect to see moons, dwarf planets, comets? Thanks Ben!
– Ben’s answer: Short answer is yes. A lot of working is going into “making space more interesting”. Great quote: “At some point Wing Commander just became Doom without a floor.”
– CIG wants to stay away from the tired “ancient space race that made everything” story.
– “Fingers crossed” on future physical models. Said the Constellation model was great practice.
– Star Citizen’s plan beyond the first 10 years? Just keep going. Can do a lot of other stories (read: singleplayer campaigns) within the universe.
– Making great progress on 64-bit floating point for large maps.
– Freelancer will be in AC V2.0.
– Wulf sent CIG Santa Monica nerf guns.
– Banu not heavily involved in SQ42 Chapter 1.
– Squadron 42 script has not been significantly reduced from the original finished script. Will be bigger, more involved, and longer than originally planned (Wing Commander type campaign).
– Political situation within the ‘verse will be fluid over time (example: UEE may become weakened).
– 90% of account hacks are local (friends or family members messing with people), or false.
– Ben: “I think the Origin 85X can equip a jump drive.”
– No significant changes yet to the 890 JUMP.
– Considering allowing small scout on board Carrack to have a jump drive, but no final decision made at this point.
– MISC Hull C expected to be very modular. Concept is in progress and expected to be delivered “in the not too distant future”.
– Better you treat NPCs, the better they perform.
– Some pre-orders for new physical merchandise will go up during the December 19th livestream.
– Sharing of tech is underway with Warhorse Studios.
– FPS and Planetside modules are tracking to be released very close to each other… to the point where they are unsure which will launch first.
– The Kr’Thak are still in the plans for the game.
– Will, Ben, and James talking about how much they love working at CIG and working together. Mentioned that they worked 24 hours straight recently and had fun.
– A nerf war has erupted at CIG Santa Monica… and the interview has ended…